Monday, December 5, 2011

Weddings and Marriages

I love weddings.  They are a beautiful symbol of love that people pour much time, energy and money into to make them perfect.  It makes me happy when a friend announces they are getting married.  And while I love weddings in general, I particularly love it when a good friend gets married.  It fills my heart with so much joy that some one I love has found the one person they want to spend the rest of their life with! 

I got to go to/ be in a very good friend, M's, wedding over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I was so extremely happy for her!  I love her and I'm excited for her and her new Hubby to start their new life together.

Here's a picture of M and I at her bachelorette party (we went to see Breaking Dawn!  That's right, I'm a "Twitard" at heart ;)!  (Sorry, I don't have any actual pictures of the wedding.... it was a little hard considering I was in it ;).



 M on the left and Me on the right

That being said, Marriages are so much more important than a wedding.  Marriages, while most of the time, easy at first get comfortable and complacent most of the time without one or both partners realizing what is happening.  If you're not careful a good marriage can hit the slippery slope to becoming bad. 

I'm not saying that everyone has a bad marriage.  Just saying all our marriages both good and bad could use a little more cultivation. Take time today to do something special for that significant other of yours.  It'll make their heart melt.  Marriage takes hard work and dedication to make it the beautiful thing that it can be. 

Wishing you all a happy marriage today (unless you're not married.  In that case, I'm just wishing you a happy day ;).

Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Ms. T, I am going to try and do something for my wonderful husband that will make his heart melt! Love you!

    ReplyDelete