Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Try It Tuesday

Hey Ya'll!  It's Try It Tuesday!

I have to admit though, this Try It Tuesday is definitely a little late, and more an idea than an actual tutorial.  This is not a complete project, but more just a piece of one.  Maybe it will inspire you to create something on a budget, and that's what the point of Try It Tuesday is all about.

I have seen several pictures of canvas covered with scrapbook paper using Mod Podge to make them adhere to the canvas.  I have big plans to do this in the future, but today, I thought I would do a quick run through to see how well this worked.  (I am glad I did this, because I learned some things that I am now going to share with you!)

Mod Podge can be rather expensive, and you know that's not how I roll.  I like cheap!  So I found a home made version online.  This is what you will need:




Glue
Water
A container with a lid
That's it.

To make your home made Mod Podge, you will want to mix equal parts glue and water.  Put lid on and shake vigorously. 




Then you need to grab some scrapbook paper (I would use a thicker cardstock-like paper):




Just brush a thin-to-moderate layer of your Mod podge mixture onto your canvas, line up your paper and attach.



This is where I realized that I wanted to use a thicker paper.  The Mod Podge mixture will weaken the strength of your paper, and it will tear easily while smoothing out wrinkles.  I know this from experience.  Anyway, just smooth your paper out.  I chose to wrap my edges on the side, so I didn't have to take the time to cut the paper down.  You don't have to do that if you don't want though.





Here is one I did for the Little Miss' room.  She currently loves Tink, and this paper was on clearance!



Anyway, like I said, it is more of an idea than it is an actual project, but you get the picture.


In addition to that, it is going to be a crazy busy next week or two for my little family.  Please keep us in your prayers, and forgive if I don't have as much to say as usual. 

Have a Happy Tuesday!

Ms. L




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment