Friday, December 9, 2011

5 Question Friday

I don’t have much to say this morning so on to the Friday fun!!!

Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up!

1. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
          In my family we have a recipe passed down from my Mama’s Grandma (my great grandmother) and those are my all time favorite Christmas cookies….. Oh my goodness, Best. Sugar. Cookies. EVER!

2. What's your favorite holiday movie & why?
        Elf.  It’s such a great movie!  I do love other Christmas movies, but this one takes the cake.

3. Is there a gift that you bought for your kids that you wish you hadn't after they opened it?
         Mega blocks.  Sure they’re fun, but there are also a zillion of them, and goodness gracious they get everywhere!  Oh well, Firecracker loves them =)

4. What is the messiest room in your house right at this moment?
         My living room.  Toys are all over the place, but it’s evidence of a sweet 2 year old so I’m ok with it.

5. What is the furthest you have driven for the holidays?
        11 hours (pregnant mind you so LOTS of potty breaks) not counting our stop time to see my Father In Law for Thanksgiving.  This is our usual tradition we see the Hubs family for Thanksgiving and we see my family at Christmas.


Have a great weekend!!!
Ms. T
 
1. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Well, as a lover of all thing's cookie, I have several.  I love the Iced Sugar Cookies at Our Daily Bread (an awesome deli/bakery in Fitzgerald, GA).  However, I don't think it would be Christmas if I didn't have some of my Great-grandmother's Fruitcake cookies.  Now, don't judge.  I don't like fruitcake, but these cookies are good.  They aren't really like fruitcake at all, so I don't know why they have that name, but they are super delish!
 
2. What's your favorite holiday movie & why?
I love the remake of Miracle on 34th street.  Ya know, the one done in the 90's.  Back then I thought for sure that I was in love with that guy from the TV show The Practice, and he just happened to be the male lead in that movie.  Other than that, I don't really have a favorite.  I like Christmas movies, but don't have one that I watch every year.  Except Rudolph.  The Clay-mation one.  We watch it year round.  This is not my choice.
 
3. Is there a gift that you bought for your kids that you wish you hadn't after they opened it?
Moon Sand.  It wasn't so much that I hated it.  But it is not mess free.  Not when your nanny brings a kid over for a play date, and said kid decides to throw the moon sand all over The Boy's room.  It was in everything.  Not completely the Moon Sand's fault, but we didn't buy anymore after that.
 
4. What is the messiest room in your house right at this moment?
Unfortunately, it is my bedroom.  It is always the last room in the house to get touched.  It is also where all the Christmas presents are hiding.   And where the laundry is chilling, trying to pretend that it isn't waiting to be done. 

5. What is the furthest you have driven for the holidays?
We have family in FL, GA, and AL, so our holiday trips are a big circle.  If you count driving time between the three families, it's probably about 10 hours or so.  They better be glad they are worth it! :)

Have a Merry Weekend!

Ms. L


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

4 comments:

  1. My oldest is just starting to get into Legos, and as cool as they are I am dreading the mess I will find when they start playing with them. I know I will be stepping on them a lot!

    I have been avoiding moon sand for the very reason Ms. L stated, my boys would be that kid throwing it all around LOL. I hate toys that state they are "Mess Free" and really aren't'.

    Happy Sunday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered what gift drove me crazy, but I didn't buy it, my sister did. It was a set of those lincoln logs. My boys got them every where. It took me forever to clean them up. Sometimes I still find them hidden in odd places.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the answers...as always, but I have to say two things: Ms. T...Yeah for the great grandma's sugar cookies!!! Boo for not making them together this year! :( Ms. L...I would like to be included in the "family in AL!" Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. . . Gram, your family would be my only family in AL.

    ReplyDelete