Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Question Friday

Is it finally Friday?  Yay!  I have not had a bad week just a really messed-up-schedule-week.  You see it started out with not going to church on Sunday, because no one in the house felt good.  Then the Hubs stayed home on Monday, because he still didn't feel good.  Therefore, it still wasn't Monday it was still Saturday (in my world).  Tuesday, the Hubs did go to work which really made it Monday.  Wednesday the Hubs had a relapse so he stayed home again. (back story- He usually works from home one day a week, typically Thursdays)  Which made it really Thursday.  Then he went to work yesterday which made it Friday right?  So today is really Saturday right? And to make matters worse the garbage man made a stop by my house today, which they always do on Saturdays..... Oh my little world is all topsy turvy!  Oh well, happy real world Friday!  


Now on to the 5 question Friday fun ;).   Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up!

1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
     
     The Hubs gave me a beautiful necklace that represented him, myself and the Firecracker (at the time our only child).  So I guess technically he needs to get another one since Sweet Pea is here now.  Hahaha! ;)

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
    
      A bottle of stinky perfume.  I ended up just throwing it out.

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
   
     I am what you would call OCD.  I NEED things to match.  I NEED order.  So I’ll just let you guess…. But I’ll give you a hint: it’s not wild and crazy =). 
    I do have 1 non matching ornament on the tree though.  Ms. L gave it to me a few years ago.  It’s a blue hippopotamus that is skiing.  It doesn’t match, but it’s part of an elaborate inside joke, so it must be part of the tree. =)

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.

      Most of the time it’s a toss up between throwing them back in the dryer or spraying them with wrinkle releaser.  However, for the exceptionally stubborn wrinkles I do own an iron.  I do use it, but it doesn’t see the light of day but once every 6 or 7 months.

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
     I grew up as a Pastor’s kid.  So Christmas time was always exceptionally busy for us.  Plus our wonderful church family would usually shower us with delicious baked goods.  Therefore, we didn’t do a ton of baking, because we already had so much.
     Not baking a ton during the holidays has definitely carried over into my regular life.  However, there is one thing that must be made EVERY year otherwise it’s just sacrilegious.  That item would be my great grandmother’s sugar cookies.  They are so delicious and to me scream Christmas!  I will post the recipe sometime soon =).
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 
Merry Christmas!
Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment