Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Try It Tuesday - Shaving Cream Paint

Happy Day After Halloween, Ya'll!

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Trick or Treating Day.  I know we did. I had a Ninja and a "Tangled" (she refused to be called Rapunzel) that got way too hyped up on sugar and enjoyed their first year of door to door trick or treating.  I have to give a shout out to the complete stranger that was laying in wait in camouflage to scare unsuspecting children!  When I whispered that I had an easily scared child, he said he would remain still and not scare her!  Way to go, nice stranger!  Even when other kids came up behind us and kicked him in the head, because they thought he was fake, he kept still.  Of course that may have been because he had a concussion.  In that case, Sorry for that, nice unconscious stranger!

Anyway, back to Try It Tuesday.  Today was a fun craft time for the Little Miss.  We are at the end of our pay period and needed to keep today's project super cheap - aka - Free!  We took things from around the house to create a fun time for all! 

Don't judge me for my ugly muffin tins!
We just added a couple of drops of food coloring to some shaving cream, and used a cheap paint sponge.  We had all of these items in the house and didn't have to buy anything.  This is shaving cream that we got for FREE using a great coupon that was out a couple of months ago! 

This is the kid/hubs bathroom.  Marvel at how clean it is!  Ooh, aahh!
The Little Miss had a blast!  At first she was a little tentative in her painting, but then she really got into it.

Don't marvel at the water spots on the fixtures!

The slight drunk look comes from last night's sugar buzz.

She had Mom paint a rainbow. 

I know.  I have the artistic ability of a two toed sloth.  I got it.
After that, all nice pretty painting was out the window.  Colors got mixed, brushes didn't get rinsed, and our pretty picture of a man on a sailboat got obliterated.
Man in boat is was in lower left.
This also gave us a great opportunity to talk about how mixing colors works.  It ended up being slightly educational, moderately messy, but mostly fun!

I know you're looking at my muffin tins!
I think that this was a hit with the Little Miss.  She loved it.  It was cheap, easy, and fun.  Clean up was easy as well.  The shaving cream rinses right off with water.  The food coloring did stain the grout on my tile just a bit, but a quick spray with some bleach cleaned it right off.  I would imagine if the Little Miss wasn't so picky about getting dirty, the food coloring might have stained her just a bit as well, but we didn't get messy. 

I think that even The Boy would like to play around with this.  I even think I know some teenagers that wouldn't mind getting to paint with some shaving cream! :)  If you have little toddlers that like to taste things, you can substitute the shaving cream with vanilla pudding!  Fun to paint and safe to eat!

Have a great Tuesday!

Ms. L

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment