Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's getting close!

The air is getting crisp and the clothes are getting warmer.  A few houses already have their lights up and more will be joining them soon.  Kids are already making and amending their lists.  It's nearly Christmas!!!  Only 27 Days!

This time of year is by far my most favorite time.  The weather is a nice change from the muggy weather that usually surrounds us.  The lights and trees are always beautiful.  We make cookies (my great grandmother's recipe.  Best. Cookies. Ever.), sing carols, watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the animated version for sure, although the Jim Carey version is fun too).  Watch "Elf", shop, wrap presents and read The Night Before Christmas.

Then it's here!  The actual event.  The other things are like the opening acts and then comes the actual day.  The headliner, CHRISTMAS! 

I love it!  I love everything about it.  Reading the Christmas story from Luke 2, singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and then watching with a smile on my face as the kids tear into the brightly colored packages anticipating the perfect toy. 

The whole event brings a smile to my heart.  I love celebrating it.  As I'm typing this my anticipation level is rising just thinking about all the fabulous things that are coming up soon.  And now the song "I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It" is running through my head.... and I'm assuming it's now running through your head too.  You're welcome!

So I'd just like to say, enjoy your Thanksgiving and then get ready to gear up for the most wonderful time of the year!!

Ms. T
* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Ms T!! So much fun!!! Sorry we didn't make the fabulous Christmas cookies!!! Still have to do that.

    ReplyDelete