Friday, November 11, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Happy Veteran's Day to you!  I hope you have a nice long weekend.  I have garage saling to do this weekend =).  Yippee!
Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up to the fabulous 5 question Friday!
Now On with the fun!

1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?
    
     This is kinda a cheat, because we haven't actually had to pay for it yet, but within the month we should be =(.  But I'm going with the roof.  Who knew that in order to keep the rain off your head you had to fork over nearly ten grand.  Yes, my friends, you read that right ten grand!  Do you know how many pedicures, or vacations, or trips to the movies that would buy?!  But no, we have to use it to buy peel and stick water barrier, and new shingles, and new flashing (don't ask me what that is, because I don't know, but apparently it's important).  Ugh.  Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.  I don't want rain dripping on my head.

2. What celeb chef would you want to make you dinner?

     Gotta go with Paula Dean.  Oh My Lanta she is awesome.  I don’t think I’d just want her to make the dinner though, I think I’d want to have dinner with her.  She seems like such a friendly, funny person.  I think we could be best friends, especially since I’m an over eater, and she puts a pound of butter into everything she makes. Mmmmmmm……

3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?

     Depends, if I find out they’re coming and I have like 10 minutes I usually throw things into my bedroom and shut the door, or maybe the laundry room.  If I have no idea they’re coming and they just show up then I just let them see the real deal (which by the way gives me so much anxiety you’ll never know) smile and say, “please remember I have 2 small children, who hate it when anything is put away”.

4. Who is your oldest living family member?

     Ummm….. I guess that would be the Hub’s Uncle M. (he’s a VERY odd fish.  Maybe someday I’ll do an entire post just on him.  Let’s just say you’ll be laughing and sometimes grossed out.).  He’s 77 (I think). 

5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo (ie: cherry vanilla dr. pepper)?
     DQ treat would be a blizzard.  I do love the thick blizzards.  Sonic would be the cherry limeade.  YUM and I don’t associate that with being a “dessert” so I can get that anytime of the day and it’s fine.  Oh who am I kidding I would (and have) eat cake for breakfast.  I’m a sugar aholic and I know it.

Ms. T

1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?

Hmm... probably a dinner out.  After having been a couponer for quite a while, it really hurts to eat dinner out and see the final bill.  Ouch!

2. What celeb chef would you want to make you dinner?

Well, if I wasn't married, I would say Curtis Stone!  Oi, that accent!  But since I am a happily married woman, and since I am native to the hometown of one of the best chefs in the south, I too have to pick Paula Deen.  I have been to her restaurant, The Lady & Sons in Savannah, GA once, and would love to go again!


3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?

Well. . . I really hate, hate, hate for people to come unannounced.  This really isn't because I don't like people, I just really don't like people to come over without my house being spotless.  Even my dearest and closest friend can't come over without a warning.  It may not be very hospitable of me, but I really can't deal with it.  It comes from certain events in my childhood, but I have severe anxiety and panic attacks if someone comes by without a notice first.

4. Who is your oldest living family member?

Up until last year, it was my Grandpa, but he passed away at the ripe old age of 94.  Currently, I believe that it is my Aunt B, and she is currently 71, I believe.  She is a spry 71 though, and loves to fish like crazy! 

5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo (ie: cherry vanilla dr. pepper)?

Oooh!  I love the Ice Cream Cakes from DQ.  Those little crunchy chocolate things, and the fudgy layer.  Yum!  At Sonic, I love a Diet Strawberry Limeade, but a Orange Cream Slush is also pretty yummy.  However, I haven't been able to drink one of those since I saw how many calories and carbs are in that sneaky joker!

Happy Weekend!

Ms. L
* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment: