Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

Every year my church participates in a program called "Operation Christmas Child".  The way this program works is that volunteers fill shoe boxes with little toys, pencils, toiletries, candy etc.  Then the church sends the boxes to a ministry called Samaritan's Purse.  This ministry then sends the boxes to children all around the world. 

We have participated in this for the last several years.  Every year I find it fun and special that we get to help children who have nothing. 

Recently I heard you could watch videos of the children receiving these boxes.  What?!  I get to see a kid get a box that has been so lovingly prepared for them?!  Oh baby I'm there!  Isn't that one of the best parts of Christmas?  Getting to watch the recipient of the gift open it and the joy on their faces when they are looking through it? 

So here is one of the videos I watched it's a little bit grainy, but I think you'll be just as touched by it as I was.


I must say that after watching these videos it makes me feel guilty.  My kids have toy boxes filled with toys and these children have next to nothing.  It really puts things in perspective for me.

Have a good day!

Ms. T






* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment