Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Paranoia


I think Ms. T might be trying to kill me.

Okay, maybe she isn't trying to kill me, but I am blaming her anyway.

So, if you are an avid reader, you will remember Ms. T's post about her Super Famous Ribs.

Well, ever since I read this post, I have been wanting ribs.  Craving them.  Like a pregnant woman craves pickles and ice cream.  Although I have never craved pickles in my life.  I would disown myself if I did. 

So, today was my shopping day, and I went down the road to Winn Dixie, because they had ribs BOGO.  I got my ribs, and dang it, they were some pretty ribs.  I came home, put them in the crock pot, and left it.  Because Ms. T said it was that easy.  Ha!  She doesn't know me that well apparently.

Fast forward 3 hours.  The house was smelling so good, the ribs were cooking, and the kids and I were on the couch reading a book.  What luck that I was actually doing something motherly!  I mean, if this had happened any other time, I would have had to type that I was surfing the web, watching TV, maybe, just maybe, hiding from my kids in the bathroom.  Anyway, the hubs walks in the door, and was home for about a good 60 seconds, when we hear a POP!

"Wait, what was that?"

The hubs looked over toward the kitchen, and said, "Hmmmm. . . Your crockpot just shattered."

"What???!!!!????"

It wasn't actually my CrockPot.  It was the lid.  Completely shattered.  Shooting glass down into my sweet, succulent, precious ribs.  Ugh!  The tragedy!  I was devastated.  Well the lid was barely holding together, with several large pieces of glass now floating with my dinner.  Well, we couldn't lift the lid off, so we ended up turning the CrockPot sideways, and using a fork to flip the lid into the sink.

Note to self:  If I ever have to do that again, make sure I move the faucet out of the way.  Because if that were to happen, and I flip the lid into the faucet, glass would fly everywhere.  But that is just a hypothetical.  It's not like I know from experience or anything.  Really.

So, I call Ms. T, blaming her for all of it of course.  I loudly proclaimed that I would NOT throw these ribs away.  I was going to strain and pick out every little sliver of glass and finish cooking them.  Eventually, I remembered that right now we don't have health insurance, and the last thing I need is a trip to the ER.  So, I trashed the ribs, and started a big pot of Potato Soup instead. 

Ms. T recommended that I have a burrito, but who knows, she probably buried a shiv in it.

Have a great Thursday!  Maybe I will survive til the weekend!

Ms. L


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment