Monday, November 14, 2011

Party Rockin' Hospital Style

Hey, Everybody!  It's Ms. L reporting live from the hospital waiting room.  Oh yeah,  you wish you were me!

I am about 10 hours away from home, and sitting on a most uncomfortable couch in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.  It's been a long day.  My super sweet niece (practically like one of my children) Mo, had surgery today.  She handled it like the champ that she is.  Her mom didn't so bad either. 

Other than the surgery, and all the uncomfortable furniture, the last two days have been rather enjoyable.  I have gotten to spend time with 3 people that I like very much. 

My sister, K, one of the funniest, crazy people you will ever meet.  She is one of my best friends in the entire world.  I know that I can tell her anything without her judging me, or thinking that I am certifiably looney.  She makes me laugh.  A Lot.  She rewrites lyrics to almost every song ever recorded, and sings them at the most inappropriate times.  She scares me to death while driving.  She knows me as well as I know myself, if not a little better.  She is definitely Party Rockin'.

Next, is J, a friend of the family.  I have watched her grow up from a cute kid, into a pretty awesome adult!  She is an awesome rapper.  She also scares me while driving.  She can whip her hair back and forth really well.  So well that she almost smacked my dad in the face with it.  She makes me laugh, and when you put her and K together, it's an Insta-Party.

Lastly, is my niece, Mo.  She is, as I said earlier, like my very own child.  I used to talk to her while she was in utero, and she came out knowing my voice and trying to talk back every time she heard me.  I taught her to stick her tongue out on command about 2 weeks old. I can tell you are so proud.  She has grown into a pretty cool chick too.  She is funny, sweet, and I just love her to pieces.  Preferably Reese's. 

So, although the circumstances are not quite what we would like for them to be, I have truly enjoyed this little bit of time that I have been able to have with such awesome people.  I am forever corrupted   inspired by them to find the funny in anything.

May you have a great Tuesday!



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment