Monday, November 28, 2011

Try It Tuesday - Christmas Tee

Hey Ya'll!  Welcome to Try It Tuesday!  It is officially the Christmas Season!!!

Today we are making a simple but oh-so-cute Christmas Tee-Shirt.  I saw a few of these last year, and kept saying that I was going to make one for the Little Miss, but it never happened.  I recently looked up a picture to get an idea of what I wanted to do, and this is what I came up with.

Walmart had little girl's long sleeved t-shirts on sale on Black Friday, and we snagged a few.  Other than that, we just used a spare button that we had, some Rick-Rack, and some ribbon left over from our many hair bow adventures. 





I used Fabric Glue to attach the ribbon and Rick Rack, but you could stitch them on if you want.  I did sew on the bow and the button by hand. 



I then laid out the design on the shirt like I wanted it to look.  I trimmed and sealed off all the ends of the ribbon and Rick Rack.  (To seal off ribbons that would otherwise fray, hold the item close to a flame.  Not IN the flame, but close to.  Watch it closely so it doesn't catch fire.  You will see the frayed ends melt and seal together.)



Glue each item on and press down.  You will want to make sure your shirt has at least 24 hours to dry.  Once you get everything on, you're done!  Viola!




Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!

Ms. L



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

4 comments: