Monday, November 7, 2011

Patience

I would love to be able to tell you that I have mastered the skill of being patient.  That I'm calm, cool and collected when necessary and that almost nothing can ruffle my feathers. 

I'd also love to tell you that in 15.2 minutes Ed McMann is going to knock on your door and give you a giant cardboard check for 98,709,898,745 dollars.  However, they are both lies.... Unless, Ed does show up in which case, I'm happy for you and I'd like you to pay me one million dollars just for telling you so that you won't be the one answering the door in your towel and hair curlers.  Just sayin'...

Anyway,  back to the subject (stop distracting me with your hair curlers! =), patience.  I'm working on it.  It seems everyday I'm presented with a gagillion opportunities to work on my patience.  I guess that's part of God's sense of humor.  A cup of freshly poured ice tea that ends up all over my carpet, a peanut butter sandwich that is peeled open and finger painted onto my cabinets etc... I could go on, but I'm sure you have a good idea what I mean ;). 

Somedays, all of these opportunities to practice my patience nearly drive me to the nut house!  However, I'm trying to focus more on the love I have for those that test my patience rather than on the 5,768,798 (Pssh, no I don't exagerate EVER!) clorox wipes I have to use a week.  At this rate I should buy stock in the company... and you should too! 

So today, I pledge that whenever my Firecracker looks up at me with Desitin all over his face, or an open bottle of soap turned upside down on my carpet etc... to remember my love for him.  Because people are more important than things.....

Have a good day!

Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!!! People are more important than things!!! Seems like I've heard that a couple of times before...and, no, I don't exaggerate either!!! And...I am NEVER sarcastic!!! Thanks for the reminder, Ms. T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "remembering the love you have for him" of which you speak...does that come before discipline is...ahem...administered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the love I have for him both before and after the discipline is administered. Thanks for asking ;)

    Ms. T

    ReplyDelete