Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Revived Pantry

Hey Ya'll!  Ms. L here!  Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  This is the start to a super big week, one of my favorite of the year.  My Black Friday Spreadsheet is already typed up, coupons are cut, and the actual plan of action will be assigned on Wednesday night.

However, today I took the chance to replenish the pantry.  My pantry was looking sad, a little on the thin side.  You know for a serious couponer this is a little heartbreaking and a little exciting as well.  I was out of town for most of this week, and all the shopping got put on hold.  So, today I recruited the Hubs, and during nap time, we strategized, coupon style.

This week is a really great week at Publix.  Because of the impending holiday, they have a lot of their pantry staples on B1G1 sale, and there are some really great coupons out there too.  I went shopping with my mom on Thursday while in GA, and then went today with the Hubs, and the kiddos. What was I thinking???  The kids.  Not the Hubs.  He knew this was serious shopping day.  Like a practice run for Friday.

So, I made my lists (3 transactions), and checked them twice (more like a gazillion times).  My coupons were organized in their envelopes, and the children even got the "If you misbehave, I will sell you to an unsuspecting stranger" peptalk.   I was half expecting them to be out of everything that I was wanting to buy, but they weren't.  There were only two items on my lists that they were out of. 

The cashier that we got was misinformed on her coupon policies, and ended up costing me money.  I actually had to combine certain transactions, and go back through the store and get Transaction #3 (which I was going to shop for later), and combine it with Transaction #2 for her to allow my coupons. 

When I got all finished selecting my items, I went and got back in the same line.  I did not want the cashier to think that I was trying to cheat and use someone else.  I was abiding by her rules.  Well, they opened up another line right next to us, and the Manager on Duty asked me to step to that line.  Long story short, they (the new cashier and the Manager) asked why I was coming back again, and I explained that I didn't know they had changed the policy on store coupons.  The manager said, "We didn't."  She then proceeded to tell me that the other cashier had been wrong, and that I was correct. 

So, that was great and all, but it would have saved me an additional $17 dollars if the first cashier had understood the policy correctly.  They also told me that it was clear that I knew the policies and if I ever had anymore problems, have them call a manager and they would fix it. 

So, here is my haul from today:



Total before Sales and Coupons: $222.91
Total after Sales and Coupons: $61.21

That's a Savings of 73%.  (Not my best ever, but my pantry, my budget, and I are happy!)


Have a Happy Sunday!

Ms. L

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment