Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Try It Tuesday!

Hi, everyone!  Ms. L here.  I thought today we could try a quick tutorial for those "crafts challenged" out there. 

One of my favorite things is pampering myself.  As busy moms, sometimes it's hard to take the time for ourselves.  Today's project is super quick and extremely easy.  Plus, another one of my favorite marks of good project:  It's Cheap!!!

Today we are making Pomegranate Sugar Scrub.  I use it almost every day in the shower, and my skin has been thanking me for it for weeks.  For those of you that haven't ever used a sugar scrub, it is an excellent exfoliant.  For those of you that have used a sugar scrub, you know that you can pay anywhere from about $8 and up for a jar.  Our DIY version costs less than $1 and 3 minutes to make.


Ingredients:

Granulated Sugar
Dawn Dish Detergent (I like the kind with Olay Hand Renewal).
A Jar or small bowl with lid
A Butter Knife




Directions:

Pour the sugar into the jar filling it about 3/4 of the way full.



Add a layer of dish detergent on top of the sugar.



Using a butter knife, stir the mixture together until it is thoroughly combined. 



 You want the mix to have a medium consistency.  You want to be able to scoop some out with your fingers without it running off your hand before being able to use it.  You can add more sugar or dish detergent to get the right consistency.



Voila!  You're done!  Be ready to have super soft skin.  Oh, I have heard that if you choose to use this all over while in the shower, make sure you re-rinse your hair afterwards.  Sugar makes it quite a sticky mess.  I mean, that's what I've heard.  I wouldn't know by personal experience.  *Wink, wink.

You could also slap a label on this baby, and tie on a cute bow, and you have a thoughtful Christmas gift for the babysitter, nursery worker, kid's teacher, or me!  Have a great day!  Let me know how you love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment