Sunday, October 2, 2011

Falling into Happiness

I love Fall.  Autumn.  The champion of all seasons. Whatever you want to call it, I love it.  It just makes me happy. 

Tom Hanks' character in You've Got Mail tells Meg Ryan's character, "Don't you just love New York in the fall?  It makes me want to buy school supplies.  I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

Ah!  This pretty much sums up how I feel about fall.  Well, okay, so I don't live in NY, and school started over a month ago, but the principle is the same.  I love Autumn.

I love the weather, the changing colors, the excitement over the coming holidays, and mostly, the fashion.  I love sweaters, jeans, boots, scarves, and gloves.  All of it.  It's that simple.  I love it.  I have an entire Pinboard of Fall Fashion Inspiration on Pinterest.  (Don't judge me...)

Today was quite a bit cooler than it has been here lately.  And even though it was still in the 70's, I strongly considered putting on a sweater.  I fought back the urge, knowing that I would be laughed at if I dared.  But I won't be able to fight back the cravings for wool and cashmere for long.

So, whether fall is your cup of tea or not, enjoy every day of it.  Before long, we will be freezing our noses off with the cold days of winter. 

Ms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment