Monday, October 17, 2011

Giant Hunting

Firecracker has recently started telling me there are "giants" in his room whenever the light is off.  If I send him to his room to get something he will take off and minutes later come back asking me to "come quick, Mom.  Giants!" 

Frustrated with not being able to send him to get things that he's perfectly capable of getting, and has retrieved before with no problem.  I decided to take an admitedly odd approach.  If you know me you'll realize this is not out of step with my character.  Why zig when everyone is ziging?  When everyone is ziging I don't even want to zag I want to run in circles, and make it look good!  It's my nature.... 

Anyway, the form "circle running" took in this situation was to tell my Firecracker, "okay, let's scare them off!"  Then we run to his room with our hands in the air saying, "booga, booga, booga".  Obviously, any pretend giant should shudder with fear and run for the hills when they see us coming.  Lately, we've been scaring off quite a few giants.  However, yesterday takes the cake. 

We had gone outside to play.  He was climbing up his little slide and standing at the landing on top and looking around.  Finally he looked at me and said, "MOM, GIANT!"  I said, "okay, Firecracker, go get him!"  He slid down the slide and started running across the yard arms in the air shouting "booga, booga" at the top of his lungs.  He continued to "hunt giants" for almost a half an hour.  I'm sure the neighbors got quite the kick out of him.... They usually do! =)

I tell ya, giant hunting for a half an hour wore my little man out.  It might turn from a way to get over fears into a full fledged game!  I don't know, but this Mama is happy that her little Firecracker ran off some of his endless energy. =)

Ms. T

2 comments: