Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sweet Potato Bread

Sorry my post is so late today.  The Hubs was doing some home repairs today and kicked the kids and I out of the house.  Apparently he didn't want any little hands helping him do any electrical wiring... Sometimes the Hubs is so unadventurous ;)

Anyway, My sweet Mamma sent me some sweet potatoes about a week ago.  I say she sent them to me, but really they were for the Hubs, because he loves sweet potatoes and I don't care for them.  I needed to do something with them, because the Hubs doesn't usually dig through the produce drawers.  If he's wanting a snack he doesn't wanna have to make it.  The quicker the better.  All this to say I had 4 or 5 sweet potatoes that were going to go bad if I didn't find something constructive to do with them.  They ended up being enough to double the recipe and for the Hubs to eat one.... since they were already cooked ;).

Hence the sweet potato bread recipe I'm about to share.  The bread was actually my Mamma's idea too!  She's so great ;).  This recipe was a first for me, but it was SUPER delish! 
 Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sifted all- purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup water
1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions:
1. Combine sugar and oil; beat well.  Add eggs and beat.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water.  Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
2. Pour batter into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
3. Try to save some for the rest of your family... This will take self control!
4. Do some sort of exercise to burn off the entire loaf of sweet potato bread you just ate before your family could get any. =)
I found this wonderful recipe Here just in case you'd like to see it for yourself ;).
Ms. T
         
  
* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment