Friday, October 7, 2011

5 ? Friday =)

Is it really Friday already?!  AWESOME!!  My week has been totally catywonkus, but not in a bad way, just different than normal.  And so my little normal schedule has been thrown out the window making it difficult to remember which day it is!
Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up to 5 question Friday. 


1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?

Hmmmm it's a toss up between cake and ice cream.  I'm truly a sucker for either one!!  I guess it just depends on which one we have in the house at the moment =)

2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?

Hard one... I'm thinking the beach when the Hubs proposed.  Or maybe it was the balcony of our rented cabin lst year in the mountains, granted Firecracker was with us, but hey it was still beautiful & romantic!  

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?

My favorite thing about Fall would be the beautiful changing of the leaves (although where we live the leaves don't really change). Or maybe it's the wonderful cool weather & getting to leave the windows open.

4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?

Sleeping in, going to a  movie, because I no longer care whether or not I'm sitting by myself in the theater, reading, going for a walk on the beach and then probably some shopping.  Please note none of these can be done in peace with munches tagging along =)

5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?

Funny story, I could never figure out why my now husband,  then boyfriend, never brought me flowers.  He always brought me cards instead.  And while I love cards and they do show that he cares, I found it a little strange that he didn't go with an old stand by.  Well, thanks to Ms. L I found out why.  She talked with Hubs just in general conversation and found out he was under the impression that I didn't like flowers!  Hahahaha!  Later, he and I talked and I corrected that thought process for sure! 

All that to say, YES, I like flowers =).  And yes, on occasion, my sweet Hubs will bring me some just because he loves me =).  Which makes me love him even more, if that were at all possible!

Ms. T


1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?

Comfort Food - Definitely my mom's Chicken & Dumplings.  Hmmm, Mom will be visiting next week.  Sweets - I love all sweets, thus they are my enemy.  However, if I were to eat anything sweet it would be my hubby's chocolate chip cookies.  They are to die for.  Or at least they are to gain 10 pounds for.  He makes them in muffin tins, and underbakes them just a bit so they are soft and gooey.  Cookie lovin'.


2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?

Wow, this question just made me realize that we don't go to romantic places.  Hmm.  We should remedy this.  I mean, we've gone to the mountains, but I was about 7 months preggo, so NO romance there.   I guess I would have to say our honeymoon in St. Pete, but that sounds pretty pathetic.  I love romance, I do.  But I love practicality more. 

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?

I actually just covered this in a recent post!  I love fall fashion.  I love all of it.  Jeans, sweaters, gloves, scarves, boots, everything.  I would marry it if it were a person.  And if I weren't already married.  And if it chose practicality over romance. 

4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?

I would spend the day thrift shopping, yard saling and antiquing.  This is something I rarely get to do without at least one child in tow, so I might not know what to do.  I might have to start parenting stranger's children that are at my fantasy yard sale.  "No, don't touch."  "Put that down."  "No, you don't need a medical potty chair. Ew, gross don't touch!"  Obviously, I need to get out more.


5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?

Weeeellll.  Remember that practicality thing?  When the hubs and I first got married, his mom and sister owned a flower shop.  This was a good thing, because it meant our wedding flowers were free.  However, I also learned how ridiculous the mark-up on flowers are.  Our first Valentine's day that we were married, I got 6 dozen long stem roses.  Wowzers!  Talk about never being able to top yourself.  Then, one day, the flower shop was sold, and we had to go back to paying the outrageous retail prices.  That's when the practicality kicked back in.  I would much rather see a movie, or go to a yard sale with the money that would be spent on flowers.  However, I have gotten flowers maybe once or twice since then.  My hubs does other things to show he cares though.  Dishes, laundry, foot rubs.  I will take that over flowers anyday!

Ms. L

No comments:

Post a Comment