Sunday, October 23, 2011

Germs Germs Go Away...

Please don't come back another day.

I am sick.  Bleh.  I hate being sick.  I have some sinus/allergy/cold/death disease.  Ok, maybe death is exaggerating just a bit, but at times it really feels like it. 

The kids and I went to Georgia this week with my Sis-in-law and her daughter, and our county's 4H group.  We attended a HUGE Agricultural Expo, and did a little cave exploring.  It was 3 days of great fun and exhaustion.   Travelling to Georgia during Pecan and Harvesting season is a really bad idea for me.  But I love the Expo, and try to go every year. 

(Insert cute pic of kids here)

You really have to use your imagination here, because I can't find my camera to upload my pictures.  And I don't feel like getting up off the couch to try to find it.  I will include some pics in the next day or so, once I get around to unpacking. 


So for now, I going to leave you with just one of the many humorous things that was said to me this weekend.  This one is from The Boy.


Boy: Hey, Mom and Auntie Em, do you know how a boy spider gets a girlfriend?

Me: No.  I don't think I do.  Is this a joke?

Boy: No, Ma'am.  I learned about it in school this week.

Me (Slightly nervous): Ok.  Go ahead.

Boy: So, the boy spider decides that he wants a girlfriend.  Then he puts sparkles all over his web.  Well the girl spider decides she needs to come check out what's goin' on at his web.  So, she thinks his web is pretty and decides she will be his girlfriend.  And the boy's all like, "YAY!" (He actually yelled 'YAY' and threw his hands in the air.)  Then the girl has to lay some eggs, but she wants to be private and tells the boy spider to get lost. 

Me: Well, that's understandable.  Sometimes spiders like their privacy.

Boy: But if the boy spider won't leave, you know what she does?  She EATS Him!!!! (Very enthusiatically.  I can only imagine that this is the coolest part to him.)

Me: Well, I guess that would teach him a lesson, huh?

Boy:  I am sure glad you and dad aren't spiders.  Because he didn't leave, and if you were a spider, you would have to eat him.

At this point Auntie Em and I were about to die from holding in our laughter.  For the rest of the weekend, at random points you could find Auntie Em or I throwing up our hands in the air yelling "Yay!".  I think we convinced the 4H that we are completely looney.  I also think we scared our tour guide while we were in the caves and spotted some sparkly spider webs.  Oh, well, what's life without a little excitement every now and then? At least I know that The Boy paid attention during the science lesson at school.

Have a great germ free weekend! 

Ms. L 

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment