Friday, October 14, 2011

5 Question Friday!!

I have to say I'm excited about this weekend, because tomorrow night is date night with the Hubs!!!  Whoo hoo!!  We haven't been out on a date in quite a while so this Mamma is ready for some grown up time.  No, "wait, yep, she needs a diaper change."  or, "time for Sweet Pea to eat", or "Firecracker, don't eat that off the floor!!" etc. etc. 
Ok, so let's get this party started.  Once again a big ol' thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up to 5 question Friday.
1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?
  
   Both.  However ice cream is presented to me is fine by me!  I loves it.  It's my bestest friend (sorry, Ms. L).  Hmmm come to think of it that's probably why I've gained more weight with this last pregnancy and post pregnancy..... Possible connection? NAH! My ol' friend would never betray me like that... Right?

2. What three things do you love the smell of?
   Clean babies.  After my munches get out of the bath tub I have to smell them.  I love it!  Firecracker thinks this is hilarious and then wants to smell me.... He's a nut.
   Cinnamon candles/ brooms etc.  Cinnamon smell makes me feel like Christmas is coming.  And Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday.
   Bleach.  I know this is a weird one, but hey, I'm a weirdo.  If you remember I mentioned my abnormal love for bleach here .

 

3. Gift cards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)
   Yeah, I can get on board with gift cards.  Unless I am really close to the person and I know the perfect gift for them.  I do love buying that perfect gift and knowing the joy it will bring to the receiver.  Not just that they're getting what they wanted, but also knowing that I know them and listen to them well enough to know it's the perfect gift.  Love that feeling (for both of us).  If I don't know what they want a giftcard is a much better option than giving them something they have to return.  In the words of Jim Gaffigan (hilarious comedian, if you've never heard him you should you tube him.  You'll thank me later, after you've stopped laughing.) "thanks for giving me an errand".

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?
   I played Volleyball and Basketball in High School.  I really enjoyed them.  Volleyball the most for sure.  I miss it, and would be happy to play again.  Not so sure my body would be able to do what it used to do though.....  But hey, in my mind I'm still 20 and in the best shape of my life. =)

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?
   HAHAHAHA!  Oh wait, you're serious.  Ummm ok, no, I was not in a band for a few good reasons: A. I have NO rhythm.  I'm not exaggerating.  Ask the Hubs or Ms. L, or pretty much anyone that has seen me try and keep time (I.e. clapping the beat to a song.  Yeah I start, but then have to stop so I don't get laughed at.)  B. I have no musical talent.  My Mamma disagrees with this one, but she's my Mom and she has to say stuff like that.  Trust me, you don't want to stand next to me when we're singing in church.  I am a joyful noise maker.  NOT a "get up on stage and let everyone listen to me singer".
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Ms. T


1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?
In my belly!  I, as well as Ms. T, will take my ice cream however I can get it!  In fact, somewhere around here I have pics of the Incredible Ms. T and I in college, pigging out on some really soupy banana splits.  Our little dorm room only had a tiny fridge with no freezer, and apparently it did not provide the frozen tundra that ice cream prefers.  Hmmm... I might need to go digging and find those pics!

 
2. What three things do you love the smell of?
A) My deep freezer.  Crazy, I know.  I remember when I was little, my mom had a giant deep freezer, and I remember trying to climb into it, so I could smell it more.  Don't worry, it didn't smell gross, just cold,  I guess.
B) Eucalyptus lotion.  I used it when I was in labor with both of my kids, because it's one of those things that you like the smell so much, you breathe as deep as you can, which either causes you to hyperventilate or relax.  For me, it causes the later of the two.
C) Pumpkin Scented Candles - because they remind me of FALL!  Which I love!
 
3. Gift cards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)
It's not my first choice to give them.  However, if it is one of my older nieces or nephews, I think that it's a nice gift, because what teenager doesn't want to go shopping with their own money, and get to pick out their own gift.  I give them to my dad for almost every holiday, because he is a super hard person to buy for.  I LOVE to receive giftcards, because I tend to be a little picky, and like to choose my own gift.  ( I also hate surprises, so that's a nice easy gift).
 
4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?

 
5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?
My itty bitty school didn't have a band.  I did play the flute, but not in band.  Ok, I do have more rhythm than Ms. T.  That is one way we are different.  But I do make fun of her for her lack of it every chance I get.
 
All right everyone!  Have a great weekend! 

Ms. L


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

3 comments:

  1. bleach is an odd one but then we all like different things come see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from 5QF. Do two people share this blog? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarann,
    There are two people that share the blog. We are best friends who met in college, married best friends, and are each the mommy to a boy and a girl. We share the same birthday, and I am pretty much convinced that we were supposed to be twins, and there was just a mix up somewhere. Glad to have you visiting!
    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete