Monday, July 8, 2013

Melt My Heart

The other day Firecracker and I were driving and we passed a homeless person asking for money.  Firecracker asked me why the man was there.

I tried to explain to him that sometimes people don't have a house, food or money so they ask others to help them by giving them money.  Firecracker then asked why the man didn't have any money.  I told him because the man most likely didn't have a job.  Daddy has a job and that is how we buy food and pay for our house.  

After a few quiet, thoughtful moments Firecracker piped up and said, "Mommy, I have a lot of money in my piggy bank".  I said, "yes, buddy you have money in your bank." (I wasn't sure where he was going with this).  Then he said, "yep, and I could give that man my money."

Oh my goodness!!  Melt this Mama's heart!!!!  My boy may be a crazy person sometimes, but he's loveable and loving.  He is learning to be compassionate and I'm so proud of him.

Have a great day!
Ms. T 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment