Friday, July 12, 2013

5 Question Friday

 Good morning, my friends!  The Hubs and I have some special stuff planned this weekend!  I'm uber excited!!!  I'll fill you all in on Monday.  For now, let's get to the questions.

1.  Would you rather pay for house cleaner or spa day?
     If I had to choose between the two I think I'd choose a house cleaner.  Ohhhh or maybe a laundry doer!!!  I despise laundry.  It is my arch nemesis.  

2.  Who plans what gifts you get for the holidays, you or your spouse?
     Well, it's kind of a mix.  The Hubs does a great job, but every once in awhile I'll tell him exactly what I want, or I'll just talk about whatever it is I want for weeks before hand.  The Hubs is pretty good at catching on ;).

3.  How many hours of sleep do you get?  Do you need more?
     It depends on the day, most days I aim for 8 hours, however, when I'm depressed it ends up being more like 12 or more.  I know that is pathetic, but it's how I cope.  

4.  Do you like your hair long or short?
     Until recently I would have said that I like my hair longer.  However, about 2 months ago I chopped off my hair into a pixie cut.  It is so awesome!!  I love it!  It takes approximately 3.4 seconds to do my hair and then out the door I go.  It's liberating =)

5.  When was the last time you were pulled over and what was it for?
     Ok, I will tell you, but under protest, which I will explain in a minute.
     I have never been pulled over for a traffic violation.
     Now, onto the reason I protested telling you in the first place.....  I have become superstitious about stuff like this.  I know it's silly, but when I say things like "I've never ______" it inevitably ends up happening.  I know what you're thinking, "say something like 'I've never won the lottery'"  I'd love to, but that's not the way it works.  I'll give you an example of this working against me:
     When I was 18 I was talking to a group of friends all of whom were mentioning the different bones they'd broken at different times in their lives.  I piped up with, "I've never broken a bone".  Not 1 week later I broke my elbow in a volley ball game.
     Now I know that this sounds silly, and I was taught my whole life that superstitions are silly and nothing but I can't help it.  Stuff like this happens when I say "I've never _____" .  So now I promise to tell you WHEN I get pulled over.  Thanks random person for asking this question!  I should send you the ticket ;) 

Have a great weekend!
Ms. T

 




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from 5QF again! Laundry is one of the household chores I don't mind so much. I turn on my book on tape and fold away. Mopping floors and cleaning baseboards, on the other hand...blech! Kudos to the Hubs for "catching on" and coming through with decent gifts! I would love to sleep 8 hours a night but I rarely do. Naps trump housekeeping all of the time in my opinion (unfortunately, my house has the clutter to prove it), so I totally understand sleep as a coping mechanism! have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, naps ALWAYS trump housework =). Yes, my house shows the signs of this decision also. However, we Mamas gotta do what it takes to stay sane. If it means napping or drinking coffee, or bungee jumping we've gotta do it =)

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. I HOPE you don't get pulled over EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope not too. =)

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Really hoping you don't get pulled over, what a streak to break.
    Can you teach my husband how to 'catch on' to suggestions for presents because it just doesn't work here. I have to spell it out in bold bright marquee style lettering to even get a chance of him getting it right. Usually I just get it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Felicia, it has taken much, much practice for the Hubs to catch on to this. On one of our dates when we were first dating we were going to a fancy event. One where guys usually bring girls flowers. The Hubs didn't bring any. It didn't break my heart, but later my best friend talked to him and he was all, "Ms. T doesn't like flowers, that's why I didn't bring any." That comment was so far off the mark it was ridiculous!!! Hahaha! Who knew where he came up with that?! Anyway, now I talk about it and talk about it and even drag him to stores showing him what I'd like. So I'm not exactly subtle about it, but I don't come straight out and ask for it either. Good luck on trying to get your man to figure out your not so subtle hints ;).
      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete