Monday, July 15, 2013

Get Away

Remember on Friday I told you the Hubs and I had plans for this last weekend?  Ok, now I'm ready to tell you all about our wonderful weekend.

The Hubs and I went off on a mini get away to celebrate our anniversary.  We never leave our kids over night.  It's hard on us.  So this was a HUGE deal.  Of course the fact that my wonderful parents were watching them did allay many of our fears. 

It was wonderful!  The Hubs and I went shopping without little people yanking on us, asking for stuff, hiding in the racks of clothing (I remember doing this as a kid and thought it was soooo cool.  My Mama would get upset with me and tell me not to do it.  I never understood why, until I had kids.  Once again my Mama was right ;), begging to go ride on the kiddie rides in the middle of the mall etc.  

The Hubs and I went to the movies without worrying about what time we needed to get home to relieve the baby sitter.  And we went to dinner without having to shush kiddos so as not to disturb other diners.  

Don't get me wrong.  The Hubs and I missed the kids terribly, however, it was nice just to have a few days to focus on us and our relationship.  And now we are back to the real world ;)

Have a great day!
Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment