Saturday, January 7, 2012

Grief

I have a very good friend who lost her Mom Wednesday very unexpectedly.  My heart aches for her.  My Mom, who is here visiting and also knew the woman well, and I went to my friend's house to try and comfort her.  We wanted to show her how much we love her.

Our grief took many forms. We hugged on my friend and cried with her.  Oh did we cry.  We talked about good memories of her mom and laughed a little.  We reminisced about her cooking, she made the best cakes you would ever taste. We talked about their last conversation.  And we cried some more.  

Today, I have spilled more tears for my friend.  I love her dearly and can't even imagine the pain that she is experiencing right now.  The relationship between Mother and Daughter is such a special one.  One that cannot be duplicated.  

If you are able to, go hug your Mom today.  Love on her, tell her you love her.  Never take your Mom for granted.

I hope you all have a good, love filled day!

Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment