Monday, January 30, 2012

Big Boy Bed Saga Continued

You remember when I posted a few days ago about my big boy bed dilemma?  Well, the saga continued this last weekend.  The Hubs and I had decided to go ahead and put Firecracker into the big boy bed in about a month or so.  It would give us time to psych Firecracker up about it, and give me time to hunt down a deal on a bed set. Great plan right?

Firecracker had other ideas.  Saturday he was in his room playing happily, the Hubs needed to get something and went into his room and called me to come in.  The Firecracker had climbed into his crib and then was attempting to climb back out when the Hubs busted him.  That was the last straw.  Time had come. 

So after nap time we went to Walmart and bought Firecracker a bed set (and paid full price!  Ugh!).  We came home, washed it, set up his new bed and held our breath that there would be no messes to clean up in the morning.

Firecracker did splendidly!  He followed the rules, stayed in his bed, and when he woke up he called for us to come and get him!!!  He did the same thing at nap time on Sunday!  This Mama is so proud! 

I'm not saying we're out of the woods yet, because I am not that naive.  I know there may be days when Firecracker decides to disobey and get out of bed whenever he wants, but this is a HUGE milestone.  One that Firecracker just stepped over like it was another day.  He is growing up too fast.  Time, slow down!  Before long he's not going to want me to kiss him anymore, because "the guys are watching, Mom".  Which makes my Mama heart sad. 

But I choose to not think about that right now.  I choose to think about what an amazing trooper I have!  He's amazing =).

I hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T

P.s. thank you all that gave me advice on what to do about the big boy bed situation.  I appreciate it.  And we are implementing the whole baby gate in front of the door just as an extra measure for now.


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment