Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Major Boar

I don't know if you have seen any of the shows on TV about the Wild Boars or Hogs that are taking over the state of Florida, but I have.  I actually find these shows somewhat entertaining, but think that they probably are blowing the hog population a little out of proportion.  I still think they are somewhat entertaining, and they make me think that Ms. T and I should go into the Hog Huntin' business.  I haven't run that by her yet, but I am pretty sure she would be cool with it.


So anyway, this morning, on my way to work, I came face to face with my very own Monster Hog.  Ok, ok, it was more like Snout to Grill (and by Grill I mean about 6 feet away from my car).  This joker was big!  And from all my Hog-show-watching experience, I would say this hog weighed in at between 150-200 pounds!  Wowzer!  That's like one of me in Pig Size, which is kind of like dog years but only in pounds, not years.


This hog was not alone either.  There were about 4-5 other hogs hanging out right at the tree line, while this lead hog was testin' out the road.  I think that they were like the Hog Support Group, or maybe they were like a bunch of West Side Story Hogs and there was a whole lot of snapping going on once I passed by.  But really, I think they were about to perform their very own Pig rendition of Grease (because what do you get when you fry up bacon? That's right.).  And I was staring down The John Travolta of Hogs. 


At first, I was like, "Where's my gun?", but then I remembered that I'm not in Georgia anymore, Toto.  So then, I was like, "It's John Travolta, maybe I can get an autograph!"  But that didn't work out either.  In the end, I didn't even take a picture to share with you all.  I just drove on and let them get back to singing "You're the One That I Want" in their spandex leggings that I am sure they were waiting to change into as soon as I gave them their privacy.


In the end, it just made for an eventful drive to work! 

Hope you had a good one today!

Ms. L


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

2 comments:

  1. This post is very funny...and not the least bit crack-ish!
    I half expected you to start with the "Crazy? I was crazy once..." routine before the end! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Slomojoe! Speaking of crack, I was driving down Mariner just the other day, and saw a big ole sign that said (in very large font), "4 LINES FOR $100!"
    Is it completely wrong that my first thought was? Wow, that's what coke is goin' for these days? It didn't occur to me until about 5 seconds later that there was a cell phone carrier store in that shopping center. Oops!

    ReplyDelete