Friday, January 6, 2012

A Good Book

I love to read.  I don't do it very often though, because when I get into a good book I feel like a bad housekeeper.  I get so enthralled with the book that I don't want to put it down.  I'd rather read another chapter than clean the bathroom or do the dishes.  And I'd much rather read than do the laundry.... goodness, who wouldn't rather do almost anything than the laundry?!

On the mothering front I don't do much better.  I find that when I'm reading a good book the Firecracker watches more t.v. than I normally would allow, because it entertains him and I can read.  See, now you're thinking it's a good thing I don't read much too.  Ha ha ha!

Well, the Hubs knows that I've been wanting to read, "The Help" for some time now, but haven't allowed myself to do it.  Last night when he came home he brought me a present =).  He put a sweet card on it and then said, "you can't open this til tomorrow!"  Talk about getting to me!  I jumped out of bed this morning (ok, ok more like crawled out, geesh ), and opened my present and what awaited me?  "The Help"!!!  What an awesome Hubs!!!  Do you wonder why I love him? 

Needless to say, I've started reading it and I'll be writing a review when I'm done.  However, it's hooked me for sure.  I have a feeling my house won't be super clean this week.... although I am making a concerted effort to make sure to play with the Firecracker so Iwon't win the "awful Mommy of the year" award.   

Hope you all have a great day =)

Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment