Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Question Friday!

Today is Friday and that means that the weekend is just a few hours away!  Yay!!  It also means that today is 5 question Friday =)

As always thanks to Mama M. for letting us link up =)

1. Do you swim in the winter?

     No, not really.  It’s not that I couldn’t.  The weather here is fabulous right now and swimming would not be out of the question.  But I’m not a great swimmer, and drowning doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.  So nope, I don’t swim in the winter.

2. Do you love or hate winter?

    Hmmmm this depends.  I despise snow.  A LOT!  I could write you a long post about my true, deep, long lingering hatred for the snow, but I will spare you from that and just leave it at “I hate snow”.  Thankfully, where I live we almost never get snow.  It is one of those “happens every 20 years” things.  Did I tell you that I love where I live?  Cuz it doesn’t snow here =).  Anyway, as long as there is no snow involved I don’t mind winter.  It is a nice change from heat.  But I’m not going to complain about the heat….. because that means it doesn’t snow ;)

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family?

    You do realize that I’m home all day nearly every day right?  Because that’s my job.  Stay at home, make sure the kids stay alive, don’t get hurt, have good manners, don’t maim anyone else.  On top of all that I have to do the cleaning and the LAUNDRY.  So why would I add to my pile?  Normally, if I’m gonna hang at home with just the munchkins I stay in my p.j.s while I clean.  Then when the munchkins nap I shower and dress.  I want to be somewhat presentable when the Hubs gets home.

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?

     Uhhhh older than 29, because I’m currently 29 and have yet to partake.  I have an extremely addictive personality, it’s why I read a book that’s 400 pages long in a day and a half (maybe 2 days).  It’s also why I have a hard time backing away from cake.   I know that if I got started on something as addicting as alcohol I’d become an alcoholic in no time flat.  So I steer clear.  That goes with smoking and drugs too just in case you were wondering.

5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?
     I’d say 5 or 6.  Unless you’re in the hospital or something… I don’t know if this is even close to what would really be acceptable, because I have been out of the work force for about 3 years now and I don’t remember how many sick days I used to get.  Also, when I was working I was a teacher (which means getting 2 to 3 months off in the summer).  So if I got sick then I didn’t have to call in I just stayed in bed with my crackers, sprite, blanket and the t.v. remote.


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment