Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Warp Speed, Mr. Sulu"

* Just a note, I am not a trekie, so I really don't know if Mr. Sulu was the one Captain Kirk told to take it to warp speed.  It just sounded right in my brain. =)  Anyway, on with the story!

Sunday afternoons are a wonderful time of rest in our home.  We eat lunch and then the kids lay down for naps.  They are usually tuckered out from church so they take nice long naps.  Which means that Mama and Daddy get a rest too.  I make a habit of taking a nap on Sunday afternoons.  After all even God rested on the 7th day =).

This last Sunday was no exception.  I laid down and took a wonderful nap.  The Hubs and the kids were all sleeping also, so the house was nice and quiet.  One slight hiccup in the plan.  The hubs and I usually coordinate and at least one of us sets an alarm to make sure we are up in time to get ready for our church's evening service.  This time we both just fell asleep. *cue everyone saying "uh-oh".*

I woke up at 5:21 pm.  Mind you our church is a half an hour away and we have to leave our house by 5:30 to get there by the time the evening service starts at 6pm.  I jumped out of bed, woke the Hubs and the kids.  We all got dressed, and out the door and we were only 10 minutes late to church!  That's what I call warp speed.  Especially with 2 kids =).  Let's just say it was interesting, and none of us left the house without anything important (ie. pants or shoes). 

Hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment