Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garage Sale Dresser

Yesterday, I told you about all the moola I didn't make at my garage sale.  But the wonderful dresser I did score.  Well, this, as Paul Harvey would say, is the rest of the story. 

I spotted this beauty as I was pulling onto my SIL's street.

Isn't she a beaut?!
I got to my SIL's house, unloaded my stuff.  Got everything set up and then made my way down to the house selling the dresser.  I wanted to snatch it up before it was sold.  The owner was selling it for a mere 40.00 for the night stand and dresser.  And while I didn't necessarily need the night stand, I wasn't going to get picky if they wanted to throw it in.  I would have paid 40.00 just for the dresser. 

I snagged it and asked the seller if he would mind holding onto it until I could pick it up at the end of the day.  He said he would and that he would put a "sold" sticker on it.

At the end of the day, I picked it up.  Brought it home and then removed the packing tape that the seller had put on the side and written "sold" on.  Not only did the tape come off, so did some of the covering for the laminate =(. 

Doesn't this make you sick?

This is the side of the night stand.  We took the tape off of it second, so we tried to be much more careful.

It made me sick, and want to cry!

That evening we went back to my SIL's house to celebrate my nephew's birthday.  When I told her about the dresser, she gave me a "wood marker" that would match the dresser, but was too light for her furniture.  I'd never heard of them before, but decided why not give it a try?
Interesting, no?

Oh what a wonderful thing it was!!!  It didn't make the damage 100% better, but it's sooooo much better than it was!!!  My SIL saved the day!!!




Talk about an emotional roller coaster kind of day!  But it all worked out in the end =).

Hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment