Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Question Friday!

Good Morning, Friends!  Yippee for Friday!!  I tell ya, I’m ready for this week to be over.  It’s not been bad, but I’ve been upside down about which day it was all week long.  Somehow I missed Monday and started my week thinking it was Tuesday.  Then the Hubs switched his work from home day (don’t be hatin’ on him, because he gets 1 day a week to work out of our house ;) this week, which further threw me off.  Ugh I need normalcy.  Hmmm, there is something I never thought I’d say….. Wow, see this week needs to be over, it’s changing me into someone else all together!!!  =)
On with the 5 question Friday fun!  Once again thanks to Mama M. for letting me link up!
1.   Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?
     Negative, Ghost Rider (name that movie ;).  I do not make Firecracker finish all his food because 1.  He is a picky eater and getting him to eat ANY of his dinner can be a challenge.  2.  The Hubs and I aren’t big into forcing them to finish food, because we do not want them to grow up unable to walk away from food when they are full.  Call me a bad parent if you want, but that’s how we see it.

2. Do you give an allowance?
    Nope, no allowance, however, we’ve just started giving Firecracker money when he does extra chores. (like throwing out Sweet pea’s dirty diapers, taking clothes to the laundry for me etc.)  He was able to buy a toy the other day with his own money which was a huge excitement for him =).

3. Do you actually park your car in the garage?
     The Hubs has his treasured car, Sally (she’s a fox body mustang), in the garage.  So there is no room for my minivan.  I’m cool with that, because the Hubs doesn’t ask for much.  And Sally has some very expensive parts on her (put there before the Hubs and I got together, and WAY before kids entered the picture!) if they were stolen we’d never be able to replace.  So the garage is her home =).

4. What is one food you will NEVER cook?
     Liver.  Although I love Liver and onions, the Hubs cannot stand it.  He won’t eat it no matter what.  What’s the point in making the dish if the Hubs won’t eat it?  None.  Especially since the Hubs isn’t picky usually.  So I’m cool with it.

5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?
     Our family is having a family reunion!  I am pretty excited about it.  The Hubs has never met this side of the family.  And this side of the family is nutty!  Not like “Oh no!  Aunt Jean has her underwear on outside of her pants again.” Kind of nutty more like, “Let’s get out the twister, put dish soap all over it and see who stays up the longest” kind of nutty.  They’re fun, and they have great senses of humor.  They tease me that the Hubs doesn’t really exist, because they’ve never met him.  They call him “the card board cut out” =).  We’ll prove them wrong this summer =).

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Ms. T



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't make my 3 year old finish her food either. Seems like liver is a popular answer to #4. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, is there anyone who DOESN'T know that the movie quote is from Top Gun?
    Give us some tougher material next time!

    ReplyDelete