Thursday, March 8, 2012

There Are Some Things Even Mickey Mouse Can't Fix

The other day I was cooking and Firecracker was in the kitchen with me talking and playing.  While I had my back turned he decided to pick up a plate.  The plate slipped from his hands and shattered on the floor. 

Once I heard the noise, instantly I picked him up and ushered him to the living room doorway off of the kitchen.  I knew he would want to know what I was doing, so this was the safest place for him to be. 

Firecracker felt so bad about breaking the plate.  He kept saying, "oh no, Mom, it broke!"  again and again.  I reassured him that it was ok, but that Mommy had to pick up all the broken pieces and put them in the garbage can so no one would get hurt.  After I stated this he looked at me and said, "Mom, Toodles can help us fix it!" and then he proceeded to call, "Oooooh Tooooodddlllles!".  (if you have ever watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you know the fluxuation of his voice while he was saying this.  If you've never watched it, basically at least 3 times in every episode Toodles is called upon to help Mickey and friends fix some sort of problem.)

I must say that made me smile =).  My sweet, innocent little boy wanted so badly to fix what he'd broken.  He was even willing to call the "helper" that can fix just about anything! 

Hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment: