Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mentally and Emotionally Exhausted

A few days ago a dear friend of our family passed away.  We were saddened by his passing, and we immediately started planning on attending the funeral, which we found out later was today at 2:30pm.  We made all the necessary arrangements and were all set for it.

Then, last night I got a message from my Mother that said that my "adopted grandmother" isn't expected to live much longer.  Thankfully, because the Hubs and I had already made arrangements to be attending the funeral today he was home and able to watch the kids for me this morning.  So I went down to the hospital and spent some time with my adopted grandmother.  I told her stories about Firecracker and Sweet pea and she told me stories about me when I was little.  It was a precious, precious time.  Time that I will never regret.  When I had to leave I balled like a baby.  I knew that maybe the last time I ever get to hold her hand and hug her.  (even while I'm writing this I'm crying =(.

I am going to miss her terribly.  She is one of my greatest prayer warriors.  She is one of those women that you can tell anything to and know that she will not judge you.  She is full of godly wisdom and advice.  This world will be a much harsher place with out her. 

I left the hospital, and drove to the funeral.  I hugged on friends that I haven't seen in far too long.  I shed more tears for a family that is now left without a husband, father and grandfather. 

I am home now and completely wiped out.  I hope that it is a very, very, very long time before I have to do anything like this ever again.

Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. T, I know that days like this are extremely hard, but if we never loved a person this much than we would never have to go through days like this! As hard as these days are, the loss we would suffer by missing out on the closeness of those precious people in our lives far outweighs the difficult days! I have been crying lots too!!! Precious people and precious memories!

    ReplyDelete