Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jealous

I'm about to get all serious on you.  So if you're looking for a laugh you'll probably wanna skip this post and come back tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll be back to my crazy antics by then ;).

I have a friend that I've been jealous of for quite some time.  I'm not going to tell you who they are or what they have (or don't have) that I'm jealous about, because making you jealous too isn't the point of this post.  I love them, but I couldn't get past my jealousy.  

Lately, the Lord has really been pressing on me my need for contentment.  Talk about contentment is everywhere!  From Church to shows I watch on netflix.  I've finally started listening and asking Him to help me to be content.  You know what?  I'm happier.  Do I still desire what my friend has?  Sure.  However, I'm not so jealous anymore.  I can appreciate their stuff and still be happy with what God has blessed me with.

Another added bonus of attempting contentment is that my relationship with that friend has started to flourish.  I didn't realize that my attitude was hindering our friendship.  Talk about a double blessing! =)

P.s. I'm not saying I'm anywhere close to being completely content, but God is helping me a little at a time. =)

Have a great day!
Ms. T     

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment