Thursday, December 27, 2012

Unexpected

Yesterday I had a very unexpected kindness from an unlikely source.  Tuesdays and Saturdays are our garbage pick up days.  Since Christmas fell on Tuesday we obviously weren't going to have it picked up.  The only issue was that we had missed the 2 previous garbage pick up days for various reasons.  Basically we were swimming in garbage.  (I know sick nasty)  We were fully expecting to have to wait til Saturday to have our mountain of garbage taken away.

Yesterday morning Sweet Pea and I were sitting in the living room when I heard the garbage truck approaching.  In my jammies (which by the way were just plaid jammie pants and one of the Hub's t shirts, so I was completely modest) sprinted out to the outside garbage bins holding Sweet Pea and started trying to haul one of the bins to the curb.  By the time this was occurring the garbage truck was at my neighbors.  The bin tipped over and I was trying to wrestle it back to a standing position.  Thankfully none of the garbage fell out.  While I was wrestling the bin the garbage man ran up to me and said, "just leave it there I'll get it."  He came right up grabbed the bin, dragged it to the curb and emptied it.

His act of generosity astounded me.  I was very appreciative.  Who said chivalry is dead?  And occasionally it comes from unexpected places.

Happy New Year!
Ms. T    


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment