Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"I Do It Myself"

"I do it myself!"  These words can make a Mama have a myriad of different emotions. 

1. Pride-  my little man is expressing independence!  He's getting so big!

2. Sadness- my little man is expressing independence! He's getting too big =(.

3. Frustration- buddy, can Mama please help this time?  We're going to be late if we don't leave right now! (This one is very rare, but it does come along occasionally)

I love that Firecracker is doing so much for himself.  It really is so great to see him growing and learning new things all the time.  Watching him learn opens my eyes and helps me to see things from his perspective.  I tell you it's amazing.  However, there are so many moments that I look at my little boy and realize he's just that- a little boy. 

I look into Firecracker's face and no longer do I see any baby chubbiness.  He's already mastered all of the "baby steps" and now he's on to bigger and better things.  It truly makes me sad that time is slipping away so quickly.  It reminds me to give and get extra hugs and kisses and say extra "I love yous". 

Hug your babies, even if your babies aren't babies anymore.

Have a great day!

Ms. T

P.s. I was just remeniscing and thought I'd share one of Firecracker's 1 year pictures with you.  And then you can see just how much he's grown up in 2 short years.  (yes, I know he's 3, but
1 + 2= 3 ;)

Photo credit to Giggles to Grace Photography.  My friend does AMAZING photos!  You  can check her out at gigglestogracephotography.com


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment