Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Anti-social

Have you ever been "anti-social"?  You know what I mean:  no desire to go to places where you know lots of people will be, you'd rather sit quietly than attempt to have a conversation that you're convinced will be awkward?  No?  You've never experienced this?

Huh, I guess it's just me then.  Lately, I've noticed this kind of a trend in my behavior.  It makes me nervous to leave my house.  My house is like a gigantic security blanket.  And if I have to leave, then the Hubs is my travelling security blanket.  I hate this new tendency, because it's so opposite of who I used to be. 

I used to be miss independent.  I travelled by myself constantly, meeting and conversing with new people wasn't a problem (I grew up as a Pastor's kid, this is like a job requirement! ;), I enjoyed leaving the house. 

So, if you've thought I was avoiding you, or didn't want to be around you, or didn't come to your party,  it's not because I'm trying to snub you, I'm just trying to cope.  I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad for me.  This is just a place for me to be honest about my life and at least for now this is part of my life.

I hope you all have a great day!

Ms. T



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment