Monday, May 21, 2012

10 Years Ago Today

10 years ago today my life was changed forever.  Normally when I say things like that everyone expects something mushy gushy to follow.  Like talking about the Hubs or my chitlins.  I wish this were the case.  However, that is not the case.  My life changed forever in a bad way.

I lost one of my dearest friends.  Her name was Stephanie and she was great!  We would talk for hours, play stupid games, go to Walmart in the wee hours of the morning dressed in our jammas, hang out at the beach getting sun tans.  Lots of great stuff.  She was driving home on a Tuesday evening when a drunk driver ran a red light and hit her car.  Steph died instantly.  My Dad got the call from her Mom at 10 pm.  We immediately jumped in the car and drove to meet the family at the site of the wreck.  It was heart breaking.

Tonight I will be attending the 10 year memorial service.  I'm sure there will be tears, but there will also be laughter.  All of us good friends will stand around reminiscing about "the old days" and what Steph would have done or said in a certain situation.  It's very bittersweet. 

Today, I will choose to remember the good times.  I will choose to remember that one day, I will see her again.  I will choose to remember that my life is better off for having had Steph in my life, even if it was for too short a time.

I hope you all choose to remember the good today.

Ms. T 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment