Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Hardest Part

As most of you know Monday was Firecracker's first day of school.
I've had several sweet and wonderful people asking me how he (and I) are doing with him going to school.  It is definitely a huge adjustment for all of us, including Sweet Pea, who tends to be a kid that loves to sleep in. 

While I know there are still many more days ahead in this school year, and our journey has just begun, I'm already aware of one of the hardest parts.  (It is important for you to know that the school offers 2 types of k4 programs.  1 goes from 8:30 til 12:00 and the other goes from 8:30 til 3:00 pm. And Firecracker is apparently the only one that doesn't stay til 3.)  Both days I have gone to pick up Firecracker he has told me, "Mommy, I want to stay!"  And Tuesday when I dropped him off he said, "Mommy, I want you to stay home today." 

I get that he's getting bigger and he wants to fit in.  I get that.  However, it makes me sad to think that Firecracker doesn't want to come home with me!  I know this will change.  And someday I'll have to drag him out of bed for school, but it's hard on this Mama right now.

Oh and then there is the whole issue of poor Sweet Pea wandering around our house asking when Firecracker is coming home.  Poor kid!  She doesn't know what to do with herself without him!  But then when they're together they fight constantly.  It's a conundrum to say the least.

Have a great day!
Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment