Thursday, August 8, 2013

Friends...

The other day my Mama and I took the kids to a local pool.  This is no regular pool.  This pool has a killer kiddie pool that is zero entry and the deepest it goes is 1 ft 9 inches.  No worries about drowning.  It also has awesome features such as palm trees that spray you (fake trees of course), a small water slide, and a cool little area where water bubbles up from the ground.  All in all it is awesome.

Anyway, while we were at the pool the kids were having a good time, but I could tell Firecracker wanted to have someone to play with.  There were several camp groups there so I encouraged him to try and make friends with someone.  He decided that was a good idea.  

Firecracker went up to another little boy and said, "do you want to be my friend?"  The other boy just looked at Firecracker with a funny look and then walked away. =(  My heart broke.  I understand the other boy had other friends there already, and it was more comfortable for him just to go play with them, but I was so sad for my little man.  Rejection is hard at any age.  I don't know if there is anything worse than a Mama having to witness her precious baby being rejected by their peers.

Firecracker decided that he didn't need any more friends, because Daddy is his best friend.  Kiddos sure are resilient!  I love my little man, and this incident has not discouraged him from making friends other places like the playground.  I'm so proud of Firecracker.

I hope you have a great day!
Ms. T     




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment