Thursday, January 17, 2013

Restraint

Restraint is elusive to me.  I have no almost no restraint.  I have enough restraint to keep me from tackling the guy in front of me at the grocery store who took the last Twix bar.  Instead I just grab the Snickers and wish I had the Twix.  

If you haven't guessed my main area of restraintlessness (pretty sure I just invented a new word yourwelcome) is in the food department.  I enjoy food way too much.  

My Mama has crazy good restraint.  Especially when it comes to food.  She's one of those people who keeps a bag of M&M's  in her cupboard and only eats a few when she is craving something sweet. Conversely, I'm one of those people that if I have an open bag of M&M's in my cupboard I keep finding reasons to go into the kitchen and then I snatch a handful.  See? Zero restraint. 

I'm working on it, honestly I am.  My waist line and clothes that keep tightening around my growing tummy, demand that I learn some restraint.  So since I can't afford to go buy an entirely new wardrobe, I'm going to try...... I'll let you know how that goes.....

Have a great day!
Ms. T 


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Having recently (okay, it was this evening) consumed a bag of "sharing, 2 serving size" bag of M&Ms all on my own, I can relate. Especially depressing as it completely sabotaged the reasonably good workout I got in earlier today. Clearly I could use some restraint of my own, but I'll wish you luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, Cheri. I'm impressed you worked out! Good for you! I need to do that more, but that means I'd have to grow some will power. And although I've looked I can't seem to find "will power seeds" in the garden section. Good luck! And thanks for stopping in!

      Delete