Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Creepy or Kinda Nice? You Decide.....

Ok, so with all thsickness around here (p.s. Firecracker now has it.... UGH!!!) I have had to make multiple trips to the store to buy supplies (I.e. prescriptions, children's tylenol, orajel etc.). We have a neighborhood CVS (who doesn't?) and I shop there frequently.  Well, on one of these infamous medication runs I walk into the CVS and notice a cashier that is there from time to time.  He looks at me and says, "Hi, Ms. T (insert real name here)".

Now see normally this wouldn't even register on the creep-o-meter, but here's the kicker.... I've never introduced myself to him....  At least not that I can remember (you know Mommy brain can sometimes make you forget things, but I'd think I'd remember that...).  Weird right?  I mean ok, yes the receipts always have my name on them and they say "how much you saved: blah, blah, blah".  So I can see maybe where he'd be able to get the information, but it still struck me as odd. 

I've been back in the store one time since then, and he was there, and he greeted me by name again.  I smiled and greeted him by name (not weird, because he has a stinkin' name tag!  If you can read you know his name).  All the while in my head I was arguing with myself wondering, "is this creepy or kinda nice that he's trying to notice others?"  

So, friends, what do you think?  What would you do if this happened to you?  Never go to the store again?  Change your whole family's identities and go into hiding in Canada?  

Have a great day!
Ms. T   


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment