Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Car Trip with 2 Kids

I mentioned yesterday that we went on vacation   to visit the Hub's Dad.  Well, what I didn't tell you is it is a 12 hours car ride.  Yes, 12 looooooooonnnng hours in a car.  I am a terrible car rider.  Once you get past the 5 or 6  hour mark I start getting antsy and just want it to be over with.  So I feel bad for my munchkins, because I too hate driving such a long way.  It's totally worth it to see my FIL though.  He's awesome.

Anywho, the kids really were great travelers.  They were awesome on the way up.  The Hubs and I had bought new coloring books for them as a surprise, we brought the portable dvd player and I brought my kindle.  Not to mention all the little toys that constantly roll around in our van.  The stuff did distract them quite a bit and they were awesome.  I was proud of them!

It was the trip home that was the night mare.  They weren't terrible, but they had been cooped up all week inside because of bad weather so they were already wound up tight.  Then add a 12 hour car trip on top of that and what have you got?!  Fighting, and misery.  

On top of all that wonderfulness (read with sarcasm), Sweet pea leaked through her diaper not just once, but twice on the way home! The second time she did it she started screaming and crying.  Of course it was in the middle of nowhere.  Literally nothing but road and cow pastures.  And it was pitch black outside.  I tell you what my friends, you've never lived til you've changed a diaper in the middle of a 4 lane highway (yes, we had to pull into the middle because we couldn't pull off on the side), in complete darkness.  

Let's just say, it is extremely good to be home!! =)

Have a great day!
Ms. T
 




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment