Wednesday, June 19, 2013

World Record

 Have you ever wondered who holds the world record for the most returns of the same item in one shopping trip?  Well as of now it is me!

Back story:  A few weeks ago our DVD player broke.  I was the one assigned the task of buying a new one.  I did and low and behold not a week later that darn thing broke too!  So I had to return it.  

Ok this brings me to the current story.  I walked into the store and returned the broken DVD player.  I then went back to the electronics department and picked up a new one, and a few other things.  I checked out while still in the electronic department.  I then proceeded to the clothing department, while there I noticed a sign that said with a 50.00 purchase you would get a .30 off a gallon coupon for gas!  Since I had spent 50.00, but didn't get a coupon I went to the front desk to ask about it.  

The lady behind the front desk said that I didn't get the coupon, because the cash registers in the electronics department do not have catalina machines (the machine that prints out the coupons).  So she said she would return the stuff for me and then take me to another register where I could check out again and get the coupon.  

Once the return was finished, we toodled right over to the registers, picked one and I checked out again.  However, the catalina still didn't print.  It turns out that register's catalina machine was broken!  So the lady took my receipt back to the front desk, returned it all AGAIN and then we went to a different register to check out AGAIN.  Finally, the coupon did print and I was able to leave the store.  Goodness!  I felt like I'd run a marathon by the time I was done with that mess.

And that, my friends, is the story of how I became the world record holder for the most returns of the same item in one shopping trip. =)

Have a great day!
Ms. T

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment