Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just Horsin' Around

I recently mentioned that the Little Miss was in her first competitive horse show.  Well let me tell you, I was one nervous mama!  Some friends of our Babbi's had asked us if the Little Miss could ride one of their horses in the competition so their horse could be listed as lead-line certified.  For those of you who don't know what this means, I will explain it to you (because I had to have it explained to me).  

When a child shows at a very young age, they are usually on a leadline, which means a trainer will actually lead the horse around the arena while the child rides. The child is judged on posture, how comfortable they are with their animal, and general knowledge of riding.  

The reason that we were asked to ride this horse, Vashti, is because she had never had a rider so small as to be in a lead line competition.  Thus my nervousness.  Well, that and the owners were out of town, so we didn't even get a single practice in until warm ups.  All went well though, and here are a few highlights of our day.

Showing off our number! Go #321!



Oh, my, she is growing up so fast!



Does this ribbon make my butt look big?

She had to thoroughly inspect her ribbon

Showing off our ribbon to Dad
I bet you feel like you were there, huh? 

Have a great day!

Ms. L

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment