Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday... In August?

Yesterday my Mama called me and said, "Ms. T, Daddy said you and I should go for manicures and pedicures today, my treat."  And I said, "No, Mother, I couldn't possibly allow you to whisk me away from my family for an hour of FREE pampering."  Ummm NO!   I totally said, "Heck yes, Mama!  When and where?!" 

So around 5:30 I left the Hubs with the kids and Mama and I went to get pampered.  It was so lovely!  While we were sitting under the nail dryers we had this conversation,

Mama: "Oooh this is your birthday present!"  (P.S. my birthday is the day after Christmas).  
Me: "Yeah!  Awesome!  Happy Birthday to me! Talk about early =)"
 Mama: "No, remember I never got you a birthday present last year?"
Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot!" (P.S. To Mama's credit she tried to get me something last year, but it fell through)
Mama: "So really it's just really late.  I wanted to surprise you!"

By this time we were both laughing.  And then Mama broke into "Happy Birthday to You" and I did my Birthday dance.  I'm pretty sure the people in the shop thought we were nuts, but we had a great time.  I love my Mama and Daddy.  I'm so glad my parents have moved closer so I get to see them more often.

That's the story of my birthday party in August.

Hope you have a great day!
Ms. T   


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment