Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family

I know I spend an inordinate amount of time blogging about my family.  But that's the way it is.  I love them, and they love me and therefore we spend mucho time together (whenever we can).  Therefore, they are a big part of my life and that's what this blog is about, my friends.  And that's why today you get yet another blog about my family ;).

Last night we had a full house.  My Parents, Ms. L, her hubs and kiddos and my older bro., his wife and their kiddos not to mention my gangly crew ;).  It was chaotic, but fun.  We had dinner here and needless to say the dining room table wasn't made for that many people.  We sat all the kids in the dining room and then I expected the grown ups to fan out finding a comfy spot to eat and socialize with a few others. 

What actually happened surprised me and showed me once again what an awesome family I have.  Instead of fanning out and sitting where they were comfortable, the grown ups packed into the dining room too standing while eating or pulling up chairs or bar stools that were not even close to being right for the table size.  We packed in and had a grand time.  It just shows that while our family is a little nutty and crazy at times we're also close knit and love eachother.  We actually WANT to be around eachother!  Crazy no? ;)

When I was a kid I was naive enough to think that all families were like mine.  That they all were fun loving, caring, considerate and well, liked eachother.  Unfortunately, as an adult I have come to realize that my family is a special breed.  And I wouldn't have it any other way!

I hope you have a great day!

Ms. T



* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment