Monday, November 18, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

It's that time of year again, time to start filling shoe boxes to send overseas to needy children.  You maybe thinking, "Ms. T, there are still several days til Christmas.  Why do we need to start now?"  Because, my friends, the teams need time to organize the boxes, count them, put them in bigger boxes and then ship them.  

We do this every year, and this year I am excited because Firecracker is old enough to participate.  He will help me pick things out, fill the boxes and we'll talk about how we are being Jesus to some one we've never met.  I'm psyched.  He doesn't know it yet, but he'll love it too.

This is one of the highlights of our year.  The Hubs and I love to be a blessing to a little one that might not get a Christmas otherwise.  True, it's not like they get a huge Christmas present, but they get something.  And from the videos I've seen they are as excited as they could possibly be.

Here is a video to show what I mean:
Heart breaking isn't it?  It makes me want to bring all these children into my home and show them love.  Since I can't do that I fill as many shoe boxes as possible.  

Hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T   


* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment