Thursday, November 21, 2013

Awkward Hugger

I grew up in a very small church.  Everybody knew everybody, and the most common way to greet each other was a warm welcome and a big hug. Therefore, I always hugged everyone.  Even those that didn't go to my church.  It was just how I greeted people.

Now days, things are very different for me.  I have literally distanced myself from others.  If I happen to see someone that used to go to church with me in that small church, I still hug them.  It's still considered acceptable. 

 However, Now that I'm older I realize that not every one hugs to greet each other.  I've turned into an awkward hugger.  Sometimes there are instances where when I'm greeting some one I wonder if I should hug them.  But while I'm debating about whether or not to go in for a hug the appropriate time period for greeting someone with a hug goes by.  So then if I decide I should hug them it's all awkward.....

So if I go to hug you and it seems awkward, know you're not alone.  

Have a great day!
Ms. T   




* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment