Thursday, October 25, 2012

Movies

I have long been a lover of movies. In high school my friends and I would quote movies at one another and laugh.  In college my last froomate (friend+room mate= froomate) and I watched movies late into the night.  Everything from Scar face to the Princess Bride.  I know that combination is inconceivable! Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Anyway, the movie quotes continued and so did the laughs. 

College life was not the end of the movie loving for my life.  The Hubs and I watch movies and we quote our favorites constantly.  It just happens to be our thing.  Reason number 9,948,753 that I love him ;).

Anyway, the point here is that while I love movies too often our society gets caught up in them.  Believing that there really is a happy ending out there.  And while there are ways to be happy, we must not confuse the two.  

Happy endings are just something story tellers long long ago made up.  I'm not trying to go all pesimistic on you guys, but think about it.  Beliving in the true version of happy endings is like believing I'm going to live in a giant tower with no doors where the only way to get in or out is to climb my bagillion mile long hair.  Ouch, by the way!

Now, I'm happy, ecstatic even with my life.  I consider myself blessed beyond measure.  I have 2 beautiful, sweet, loving children.  A Hubs that I couldn't love more if I tried.  And a family that is amazing.  However, my home still gets messy, our roof still had to be replaced, money is still tight. Etc. etc.  

Our happily ever afters aren't handed to us.  We have to fight for them.  We have to create them and live them one day and moment at a time.

Hope you all have a great day!
Ms. T 

* If you're having a problem commenting there is a way to fix it. If you have the "keep me signed in" box for your personal email checked it will not allow you to comment. Simply uncheck the box and then you should be allowed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment